Registered Massage Therapy
What Does Research Show about Massage Therapy?
Research studies confirm that massage therapy provides physical, mental and emotional benefits at all stage of life.
Massage therapy provides a relaxed state of alertness reduces mental stress and enhances capacity for calm
thinking and creativity.
- Foster peace of mind
- Promote a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Help relieve mental stress
- Improve ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhance capacity for calm thinking and creativity
Massage therapy helps to stretch and loosen muscles, improve blood flow and the movement of lymph throughout
the body, facilitate the removal of metabolic wastes resulting from exercise or inactivity, and increase the flow of oxygen and nutrients to
cells and tissue.
In addition, massage therapy stimulates the release of endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller – into the
brain and nervous system:
- Greater joint flexibility
- range of motion
- Enhances athletic
- promotes active lifestyle)
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood
- movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension
- muscular aches and pains,
- effects of eye strain
- Helps relieve stress
- aids relaxation
- elieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments;
- Reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Strengthens the immune system
- Enhances the health and nourishment of the skin
- Improves posture
Massage therapy satisfies the need for caring and nurturing touch where massage therapy helps:
- Create a feeling of well being
- Reduce levels of stress and anxiety
- Increase awareness of mind-body connection.
- Thru CranioSacral,
- Somato Emotional Release